The Kathmandu Dialogue, is an International Summer School and as the name suggests, it is a platform to hold dialogues on various themes. The main objective of the program was to provide, the new generation, an opportunity to address, understand and resolve the problems they encounter between their respective nations and to brainstorm on possible solutions and cooperative measures each can take for betterment of the entire region. Kathmandu Dialogue aims to foster the feeling of connectivity among the young legal scholars.
Due to the cancellation of The Kathmandu Dialogue 2020, due to COVID-19, the Kathmandu Dialogue Alumni Association took the initiative to continue the learning process and the legacy of the summer school despite the pandemic, which resulted in the success of our inaugural virtual confluence, i.e., International Confluence of Academician.
Despite global efforts and mass vaccination by the countries worldwide, unfortunately, COVID-19 has been a daunting challenge. Although mobility restrictions in many countries have been revoked, and the situation has improved, we would not want to put the mental well-being of our delegates at risk. The mental well-being of our delegates is as essential as their physical well-being. It is our delegates who make the Kathmandu Dialogue what it is! We would in no way want to jeopardize your health.
Owing to the new normal, we bring you the third edition of The Kathmandu Dialogue, virtually in association with Kathmandu School of Law, Nepal, with utmost felicity and hope of learning and connectivity. This year, the summer school aims to cover nine topics surrounding the theme of
‘Rethinking power- discourse on compassion, politics and global governance’
The six-day virtual school, (from 1st to 6th October) will involve the participants deliberating and discussing in the following topics:
- Being Compassionate: Teaching and Cultivating Compassion
- Debating the ‘isms’– attempting to explain the existing world orders
- Compassionate power in politics- an oxymoron, a relevant prospect?
- Vaccine diplomacy or Vaccine business- analysis of global pattern and implication of each
- Neocolonialism, capital and big tech?
- Does gender matter to foreign policy?
- Cultural and Spiritual ambit of security- the origins
- Social media portrayal of global social movement: passing democracy back to civilians
- The discourse on global compassion- reporting by media and the human behind the scenes